Author Topic: Tasca, KR8, Street Bertha, 505 mustang, Tasca birds, Street Boss. Any questions.  (Read 2410 times)

Offline Dggilbert

• Occasional Poster
Roger, I was telling my dad what Bill Bar said to you, amazed he was still working and he told me how he got started with Bill, he had a long unproductive conversation with another engineer that was talking coefficients and all kinds of engineer speak. My father told the Bopper and ended up on the phone with Bill who understood he was on the phone with a mechanic not an engineer so they got along fine from then on. My dad says he owes a debt to Bill for his help on the GT40 427TP as no one had worked on a dry deck motor before. Anyway say hello to Bill for my dad he hopes they get to talk in OH in August.

Offline Dggilbert

• Occasional Poster
Looking good for both Carlyle and Ohio 50th for those who might want to meet my father and ask him some questions in person about the KR8 and the Super StockTasca CJ and the undefeated Street Bertha  CJ that they street raced on local roads to sell high performance to local street rodders.. Looking forward to meeting some of you and seeing some really nice CJ's. Thanks to all who have posted and sent me PM's, thanks Dave.

Offline bencole

• Old Hand
I’m sorry, I got a new email and I’ve been really busy the last year and a half! I just logged in tonight and read this and I’m very excited about learning about more history of my car. I have talked to Bob Jr ,Carl Sr and Dean Gregson and they are 100% certain that my car is Street Bertha, or Burtha?? However you choose to spell it? But the 019 car number it’s been given is a mistake... the car is number 041. I’m fairly certain this mistake came from the recent Tasca Ford Legacy book written by Bob McClurg. But, the 427TP the car has now was just a motor choice we made because that was the motor in the car the day Mario raced it. Definitely no claim to ever owning the Loyd Ruby 427 TP. I asked about it the first time I met Bob Jr hoping it was still on a shelf somewhere at Tasca Ford and he told me that motor left in a 69 Mach 1 never to be seen again. Now we have the answer to where that motor ended up. Thanks Dave!! I can’t wait to meet you and your father this weekend. See you in Ohio!
Ben Cole

Offline BIGBLOCKHEAD

• Occasional Poster
Gotta say, this is one of the best threads ever!!

Offline Dggilbert

• Occasional Poster
I had a great exchange with Ben , both conversation and multiple texts. Now knowing his car went to OK with a 428CJ motor opens up a whole can of worms and his car could indeed be Street Bertha, the 427TP was only in the car for the Mario Andretti exhibition race at CT dragway and then removed. Ben says he has many pics of the car during its restoration and maybe some will jump out at my dad as being alterations he did to the car, he did put holes in the shock towers to make it easier to get at the bolts for the Jardine headers. I haven't seen any of the provenance for the car in the McClurg book, I only know it was on display at Tasca last month. I don't have a dog in the fight but after talking with Ben I'm rooting for Ben as he seems like a real nice guy and I can't wait to meet him.