Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Where can I get this part of the brake line?
« Last post by Jiffy on Today at 12:16:46 am »
Hi Brian, the BHR 3 is the rear brake hose, which I have.

The part I'm missing is the phosphate part that sits on top of that metal piece that's on the end of the hose, is held in by the same bolt and wraps around the passenger side brake tube.

« Last post by Brian Conway on January 21, 2018, 11:18:11 pm »
I got that part from CJ Pony part # BHR 3.  I just checked and it still carries the same part number and they still sell it.  Brian
Restoration Tips & Techniques / Re: Rust911
« Last post by LightWtJet on January 21, 2018, 11:00:30 pm »
  Does it leave the surface smooth enough to paint?  I have used Ospho that contains phosphoric acid combined with a wetting agent for years -it does neutralize the rust but leaves the surface rough. 
General Discussion / Re: Cobra Jet Detailing Guide
« Last post by 1of1044 on January 21, 2018, 10:43:26 pm »
I'm confused a little because I have a set of chrome covers that were taken off a June built 68.5 with stampings 6 19 D2. Is it being implied that these covers maybe from another application? Also have a 1970 428 PI engine that has stampings on blue PBF covers and a 1967 428 PI, also with PBF blue covers that has NO stamping.

« Last post by Jiffy on January 21, 2018, 10:36:32 pm »
Actually - does anyone have contact details for DSD restorations?
There seems to be several companies with this name none of which do Mustangs or anything like that??

Thanks in advance
Jeff
« Last post by Jiffy on January 21, 2018, 09:27:57 pm »
Jiffy I don't know exactly what your up to, concourse gold resto ?,  but that bracket, distribution block and hose are one unit/assembly.  FWIW The hold down bolt on my axle shaft has a plain/flat head.  Brian

Hahaha, don't ask me!! I'm doing an Australian restoration. "OK, what's the right way? What's the best way? What's the easiest way? What's the fastest way? what's the cheapest way - ah, that'll do...."

Like that....

PS the rear hose I bought has only one piece, and it has a hole (for the bolt) and a little stick-up tab (for holding the piece on that I'm looking for I guess). I thought I remember buying the missing bit - or at least thinking I should - many years and several house moves ago, you know how this story ends (with a 'for sale' post...)
General Discussion / Intake manifold heater hose fitting
« Last post by Rory McNeil on January 21, 2018, 09:16:57 pm »
I am buttoning up a fresh 428 CJ for my car, and the original heater hose fitting is looking awfully thin. On the Tony D Brada website, he shows a few different fittings, just wondering if one works better than another, or what the differances are. Branda list 2 different fittings with curved steel tubing , both have about an inch of tubing protruding below the threaded section of the hex, one appears to be straight tubing, the other has a indentation that appears to restrict the lower tube by about 1/2. Since the lower section of my original tube is rotted away, I am not sure if mine would have been straight, or with the restriction indent. According to the Branda site, the straight tube was used on 1968 cars, 69&70 (and Boss 302) supposedly use the retricted tube. Anybody confirm or deny that info? I gotta admit, that I have never noticed this squished in tube on any of my 5 old R code cars (4 69, 1 70), but then, I can`t say I ever removed this fitting from all of them. I do know that Ford put a restrictor in the FOX Mustang heater system, aledgedly to help with heater core life, no idea if this was the same idea.
« Last post by SunnDogg on January 21, 2018, 08:07:04 pm »
I sourced this exact bracket from West Coast Cougar. It wasn't in their online catalog, but a quick email and they sent one my way. Will have to pull my receipts for the price, but I don't remember it being out of reason.
« Last post by Brian Conway on January 21, 2018, 07:17:42 pm »
Jiffy I don't know exactly what your up to, concourse gold resto ?,  but that bracket, distribution block and hose are one unit/assembly.  FWIW The hold down bolt on my axle shaft has a plain/flat head.  Brian
« Last post by 69cobrajetrugae2 on January 21, 2018, 06:47:16 pm »
Thanks, I'll check to see if mine has the correct bolt and go from there.

I have a hardware store so to speak, several auto restorers that I bumped into buying parts they advertised on CL we're in the process of retiring, hence they we're selling parts.

For a pittance I bought all the small crap like bolts nuts clips hundreds of bulbs relays fuses wire ect.

One of the guys was looking forward in his retirement to restoring his collection of Hodaka motorcycles the other two we're going to be chefs, none of them wanted any tools left over to tempt them into working on cars.

I likely have at least one of everything, I found rear view mirror screws with the tiny holes which actually surprised me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10