Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: 68 428CJ GT sway bar
« Last post by 70cj428 on Today at 04:26:58 pm »
Just wondering.....    My late 68 390GT has a 15/16" bar, and the same motor mounts and oil pan as a 68 1/2 CJ. I wonder why it didn't need the sway bar spacers and the 428 cars did .....    any ideas ??
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 03:28:44 pm »
FYI the 1967/68  15/16 front sway bar has different bends compared to a 69/70 15/16 bar. The difference is very visible if you know what to look for. The bend difference is seen where the bar goes through the bushing brackets.I will try and post a picture later if some else doesn't do it first.
As promised. 67/68 on the bottom.
General Discussion / Re: Need extra ign/trunk keys?
« Last post by stangman39 on Today at 12:49:24 pm »
I just experienced the same thing at Lowe's yesterday.  I was pleasantly surprised.
I had tried Home Depot first and they said with their new machine they couldn't cut blanks I brought in.
Lowe's just had to match my blank to their code and trick the machine.
I think the Home Depot guy didn't know how to trick the machine or cared to try!
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 12:35:57 pm »
FYI the 1967/68  15/16 front sway bar has different bends compared to a 69/70 15/16 bar. The difference is very visible if you know what to look for. The bend difference is seen where the bar goes through the bushing brackets.I will try and post a picture later if some else doesn't do it first.
   I wish I could attend the reunion but simply can't . For those of you that are attending this is a once in a lifetime opportunity!  I spent the better part of thirty years trying to establish contacts with guys like Bruce. The turning point happened when I caught up with the late Bill Holbrook ( rip) many years ago. During my several hour long talk with him I asked why there was so much "secrecy" involved in what these guys did. His reply was he knew why it was secret at the time but couldn't understand why it should be now and vowed to help me. Bill opened many doors for me , allowing me to understand the how and why many parts were created. One difficulty was brought on by time. When a job ends and people go elsewhere the contacts are often lost. Part of my work was to help these guys reconnect with their former co workers. Not everyone wants to be "found". Fortunately the Cobra Jet was a project where there was allot of pride and sense of accomplishment. I'm sure when these guys get going , MANY never know facts will surface. "Assembly line information" might be a stretch IMHO.
     Thanks to all the special guests that are attending. I hope you all will be surprised at the amount of interest and respect you get during the reunion. Back then "it was a job" for you but that job created everlasting interest in the Cobra Jet package.
      Randy
I'm sorry, it's not registered.
Restoration Tips & Techniques / Re: 68 CJ Mustang distribution/proportion valve
« Last post by 1of1044 on July 15, 2018, 09:04:20 am »
Thanks Scott.
Restoration Tips & Techniques / Re: 68 CJ Mustang distribution/proportion valve
« Last post by sah62 on July 15, 2018, 06:42:17 am »
Zinc dichromate.
Restoration Tips & Techniques / 68 CJ Mustang distribution/proportion valve
« Last post by 1of1044 on July 15, 2018, 12:24:57 am »
What is the correct finish for the bracket (secured to panel and has WAGNER stamped on it) that is attached to the brake distribution block.
« Last post by 6t8-390gt on July 14, 2018, 11:55:19 am »
I believe the competition suspension you're referring to was a 1967 only option and it was a considerable step above a GT suspension( adjustable shocks I think, 15 inch wheels, high performance tires, special shifter for the automatic cars like the one used in Shelby's).

+1
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10