Author Topic: Barrie Poole  (Read 281 times)

Offline thekidz

• Newcomer
Barrie Poole
« on: January 13, 2018, 08:12:19 pm »
Hi all

This is my first post but I'm not new to cobra jet mustangs. I have owned a 1970 mach 1 for about 34 years. It had been in storage for 30 years almost forgotten about. I have started to have a frame off restoration completed on it. I had long since forgotten that before I bought it that it had, had its performance mods done at Sandy Elliott racing.  I would like to ask Barrie if he remembers the car. Also I'd like to ask if he has any pictures of it or can remember any of its early history. Thanx in advance for and help that can be provided.
Thanx
Craig

Offline 428 CJ hardtops

• Fanatic!
Re: Barrie Poole
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 09:08:45 pm »
Tell more about the car and I will ask him. What color , 4 spd or auto and such  I can just about guarantee he doesn't have pictures of it .Just because it was at the dealership does not mean he even worked on it or will remember it after all these years.
had many 428 CJ and SCJ cars over the last 30 years.I currently own a 68 1/2 coupe and a 69 R code SCJ Coupe and a 70 R code SCJ Cougar Eliminator .I am looking for a 70 428 coupe if anybody knows of one for sale.

Offline thekidz

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 10:03:38 pm »
Hi there

Thanx for the quick response.. It's a 1970 q code mach 1 grabber blue, with an automatic. There was a Sandy Elliott performance sticker on it and I know the car came from the Chatham area before I bought it. It was brought to Hamilton by a tow truck driver in 1986. This was who I bought the car off of and have had it ever since. There has been a performance can shaft, Mallory distributor and coil, a water injection system, shift kit, stall converter, and headers installed. I believe all this work was done at Sandy Elliott's. It had a unique set of stripes on the sides kind of like Italian mustaches lol. I am trying to upload a picture hopefully it works. Again thanks four your support
Craig

Offline thekidz

• Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 10:26:02 pm »
Hi there 428 CJ hardtops

I'm just wondering if you had a chance to speak to Barrie about this car yet? I'm trying to get together as much history of it as I can. It may also be of interest that the engine is currently getting rebuilt by a competitor of his through the years Jim Wildgoose. When speaking to Jim earlier in the week I mentioned to him about this possibility. Jim seemed intrigued and was also going to try and find out for me. I'll be off to service Ontario on the weekend to get the sellers package to hopefully find out the ownership history prior to myself. A lot of this stems from the fact that after 30+ years I'm finally getting around to restoring it and am starting to get excited. Again thanx in advance for any help.

Craig

Offline Jiffy

• Past Registry Supporter
  • Fanatic!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 10:30:03 pm »
wow - 30 years!! I thought I was the tardiest restorer on the forum at 15 years.... (and counting)

Offline 428 CJ hardtops

• Fanatic!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 10:33:46 pm »
Hi there 428 CJ hardtops

I'm just wondering if you had a chance to speak to Barrie about this car yet? I'm trying to get together as much history of it as I can. It may also be of interest that the engine is currently getting rebuilt by a competitor of his through the years Jim Wildgoose. When speaking to Jim earlier in the week I mentioned to him about this possibility. Jim seemed intrigued and was also going to try and find out for me. I'll be off to service Ontario on the weekend to get the sellers package to hopefully find out the ownership history prior to myself. A lot of this stems from the fact that after 30+ years I'm finally getting around to restoring it and am starting to get excited. Again thanx in advance for any help.

Craig

Sorry not yet I have been sick .
had many 428 CJ and SCJ cars over the last 30 years.I currently own a 68 1/2 coupe and a 69 R code SCJ Coupe and a 70 R code SCJ Cougar Eliminator .I am looking for a 70 428 coupe if anybody knows of one for sale.

Offline thekidz

• Newcomer
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 10:37:48 pm »
Thanx for the response. I hope you get well soon

Offline dieseldave

• Newcomer
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 01:35:46 am »
Hi Craig, I noticed a '70 fastback parked near Upper Ottawa and Fennel last fall. Its gone now. Any chance that was your car?  Dave

Offline thekidz

• Newcomer
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 05:56:02 am »
Hi Dave

Yes that was mine.

Craig