Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Marti Report Question - DSO Item # ?
« Last post by krman on Today at 04:48:54 pm »
Hey guys-

Just looking at my Marti Report for my 68 1/2 CJ

What does the DSO Item # mean? Not the actual DSO on door plate information.

Just under that mine states Basic Off-standard equipment
DSO Item# 343B
Dealer# 22H553
Warren Faulk Inc
US Hwy 15 Bypass
Bennettsville SC 29512

How does DSO Item differ from DSO and what does my code mean?

Thanks

ford parts department service replacement hose was( cut to fit) from bulk spool off hose & I have some & some were rolled up in a ford box with ford part# & parts dept just cut off roll what they needed BUT all hoses were precut (including hearter hoses) to a certain length when installed on assembly line. I have about 100 original breather hoses I collected over the years from swapmeets & junkyards & all are certain lengths depending on year & engine size & someyellow & white date stamped some no date & ribs& some with stripe but the true assembly line 428cj breather hose is very hard to find since they are longer than most & a 390 is a little shorter .
General Discussion / Re: 1969 SCJ Oil cooler
« Last post by ed meyer on Today at 10:32:14 am »
odd never seen that  you got more pics?
General Discussion / Re: 1969 SCJ Oil cooler
« Last post by LooseNoodle on Today at 07:52:29 am »
Hera a pic I have received
General Discussion / Re: Cobra Jet script on Shaker
« Last post by redscj on June 23, 2017, 11:40:09 pm »
  Purchase and use an Exacto knife to trim the adhesive pad around the lettering. Worth it's weight in gold.

rcode
     Good advice.
« Last post by rcode on June 23, 2017, 09:34:40 pm »
  Purchase and use an Exacto knife to trim the adhesive pad around the lettering. Worth it's weight in gold.

rcode
General Discussion / Re: Install Engine with/without RH Exhaust Manifold?
« Last post by rickmustang on June 23, 2017, 09:09:54 pm »
Thanks. Right manifold studs are in solid. I'll attempt to install the engine with them on. I ha a tilter which should help
« Last post by redscj on June 23, 2017, 09:01:21 pm »
     Most bodyshops use a special double sided tape to attach these kind of things. I suggest cleaning the old adhesive off. 3M made a tape that was thicker than the other company (forget who made the thinner tape). Use 3M adhesive cleaner to get it really clean. Leave the cover on one side & carefully stick the emblem to the tape. Use a razor blade or something similar to trim the tape to match the profile of the emblem. When ready, remove the last cover & just barely touch it to where you want it. If correct then rub it down. Bang, you're golden.
General Discussion / Cobra Jet script on Shaker
« Last post by kiwi428 on June 23, 2017, 08:07:52 pm »
Hi guys,
Coming to end of the restoration and detailing the shaker I managed to purchase a while back a set of original Ford sevice Cobrajet scripts. I belive these were old and in the original ford packaging with the green tape to protect the adhesive tape. the problem I have is that due to age the adhesive tape isn't holding well and one falls off.

Has anyone experienced this and what glue if any, have you used?
General Discussion / Re: 68.5 grill colors
« Last post by jackmi on June 23, 2017, 02:15:28 pm »
Are they maybe different due to assembly plant?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10