Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Why won't my engine run?
« Last post by lr68cj on October 18, 2017, 11:11:25 pm »
DURASPARK FTW!!!!! Can't be too bad if MSD copied it. All msd distributors use what looks exactly like duraspark.......Hmmmmm. That being said, duraspark has failures also. Back in the 80's I worked at a ford dealer and replaced a few pick ups and star wheels ( always changed both. You wouldn't think a spinning rotor could be bad but I did see it.) Saw a wheel with a little chip missing on an msd and it had an intermittent miss. Fixed with new part. Had the pick up fail in my race car. Hard to no start. Points in my CJ have not been replaced in 15 years. But only driven about 150 miles a year. But they too will fail someday. Pick your poison.
General Discussion / Re: Carburetor plating the steel parts..
« Last post by 161854 on October 18, 2017, 03:08:19 pm »
   No.
« Last post by ng8264723 on October 18, 2017, 01:48:21 pm »
Any recommendations for a plater
General Discussion / Re: Exhaust manifold engineering numbers and date codes
« Last post by ed meyer on October 18, 2017, 11:16:31 am »
The date codes are hard to read when manifolds are pitted so an easy way to figure out when they were cast is to look at the FOMOCO first casting then changed over to FORD>.    68 & early 69 FOMOCO    69-70 FORD cast in same square where fomoco was.    FOMOCO was slowly being changed over to FORD 69-70 era parts.   Try finding a 71 part with fomoco.
« Last post by 161854 on October 17, 2017, 04:11:53 pm »
 zinc with gold dichromate dip.
General Discussion / Carburetor plating the steel parts..
« Last post by ng8264723 on October 17, 2017, 01:50:28 pm »
Any recommendations?  I had the pot metal done by the carb shop and it looks great.  I need to get the bolts done where they zinc or cadmium??
« Last post by crossboss on October 17, 2017, 01:35:01 pm »
Interesting, crossboss.  I've never seen that setup.  The "ranges" make it seem as if the individual chips are also adjustable within that range.

That was from the older Ford Motorsport catalogs. All sorts of neat goodies. That said, I wonder IF it is still available? Check with your closest Ford Racing (formally Ford Motorsport) dealer…ya never know.
« Last post by crossboss on October 17, 2017, 01:13:45 pm »
Its an old msd setup made for Ford ,I think the msd rev control chips can be used .

Nope. Your thinking of the 'CD' ignition version that was made by MSD. The one I mentioned is a Duraspark, and is compatible with the 'production' version. I know Randy will know who actually made them for Ford.
« Last post by 428 CJ hardtops on October 17, 2017, 12:47:43 pm »
Its an old msd setup made for Ford ,I think the msd rev control chips can be used .
« Last post by geraldt52 on October 17, 2017, 11:39:15 am »
Interesting, crossboss.  I've never seen that setup.  The "ranges" make it seem as if the individual chips are also adjustable within that range.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10