Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: fuel pump
« Last post by Dave R. on Today at 03:47:16 pm »
You should feel and hear it if its working .

That is my assumption ans I feel and see nothing that resembles suction or pressure. Thanks.   Dave R.
« Last post by Dave R. on Today at 03:45:02 pm »
I pulled the rubber hose off the screw-in filter and had my wife crank the motor. I did run a longer hose to a can to get any fuel that might be pumped away from the ignition system. There was no fuel showing from the hose. None at all. The pump is off the car now and on my workbench. I am researching who sells Carter pumps near me. Jegs and Summit both do but I am hoping to find one locally to get the car back on the road soon. Thanks.   Dave R.
« Last post by 428 CJ hardtops on Today at 03:42:46 pm »
You should feel and hear it if its working .
« Last post by rhjanes on Today at 02:53:57 pm »
It's been years since I did this......  Disconnect the high tension lead at the distributor (so the car won't start).  Pull the hose off the carb, leaving the rubber on the hose coming up from the pump.  Most hand-held vacuum gauges, also register pressure.  Just plug the hand gauge into the loose hose (clamp it if you wish).  Have someone crank the car (it could start) as you read the gauge.  It should be like 3 PSI.  If you got that, then it could be the fuel filter is plugged. 
General Discussion / fuel pump
« Last post by Dave R. on Today at 02:30:26 pm »
How much vacuum does the Carter mechanical pump generate on the intake side? Enough that you should be able to feel the suction with your finger when working the lever by hand with the pump in a bench vise? My car quit the other night on the way home from a cruise-in. My first thought was the Pertronix II or Pertronix coil gave up. That checked OK but there is no fuel in the carb supply line when cranking the starter. Gas pours a nice steady stream from the line from the tank when disconnected at the pump. I realize at this point the problem has to be the pump but just curious.  Thanks.   Dave R.
General Discussion / Re: 69 428 SCJ Survivor
« Last post by 69cobrajetrugae2 on Today at 02:28:14 pm »
There's not one guy in the history of man that is about to screw himself on a car deal that will take good sound advise, myself included.

One day you will be asked by a bright eyed young fellow what you think about the S#*#-Box that he is dead set on buying.  "Ah, she'll be a beauty someday you lucky fellow" you'll tell him fighting back tears and laughter at the same time.

"Ah, she'll be a beauty someday you lucky fellow"
« Last post by priceless on Today at 01:50:31 pm »
I am excited about this car, but I'm also trying to be realistic about it's value and it's future value as an investment.
If I'm lucky enough to own it then I would keep it for a long time as is and not as a quick flip.
I wish I would have done a full inspection so I could have seen the floors.
All the areas around the tires were solid except that one hole in front of the rear tire inside of the wheel well.
I thank everyone for taking the poll on it's value, it does help give some direction to my offer to buy.
I was surprised that the Marti report showed 3,388 for production, I was thinking it would be a much lower number.
Any comments on production numbers would be helpful.
Actually that's pretty low IMO. Remember, there were 72K+ 69 Mach's built, and thats not including just plain sportsroof. So, how many sportsroofs were built that was not a Mach 1?  So, the 3,388 SCJ is a fairly low number IMO.
Here is the mechanism which is most common from what I've gathered from law enforcement.  It's the parts.

A body shop in Frankfurt just received a formerly concourse 69 Mustang Cobra Jet blue R SCJ 4 speed that caught fire and melted so they need parts, lots of parts.  If they are shady they place an order and the parts are shipped from the USA.  US customs don't bat an eye, it's just parts.

Gypsy A leased a 200K Mercedes and gypsy B swiped it and carefully stripped the car, wiring, engine accessories seats everything except the wheels and drivetrain.  The insurance company totaled the car and branded the title. Gypsy C buys it in an auction.  They ship the parts to gypsy D in eastern Europe.  US customs have no problem with the VIN and body of the car since it was legally totaled.  Gypsy D has a nice car once it's assembled for a fraction of the value and our insurance rates go up, again..
« Last post by 69 428 SCJ on Today at 10:49:23 am »
I am excited about this car, but I'm also trying to be realistic about it's value and it's future value as an investment.
If I'm lucky enough to own it then I would keep it for a long time as is and not as a quick flip.
I wish I would have done a full inspection so I could have seen the floors.
All the areas around the tires were solid except that one hole in front of the rear tire inside of the wheel well.
I thank everyone for taking the poll on it's value, it does help give some direction to my offer to buy.
I was surprised that the Marti report showed 3,388 for production, I was thinking it would be a much lower number.
Any comments on production numbers would be helpful.
That's right you did tell me these were 16 bolt just yesterday again. Everything else is true I swear lol ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10