Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: XE cobra jet manifold
« Last post by Coralsnake on Today at 10:44:52 pm »
I have them and will post them too
General Discussion / Re: XE cobra jet manifold
« Last post by ed meyer on Today at 09:30:06 pm »
Pete have jason B. send pictures of my  XE 67 dated 428 cj exhaust manifolds to go with your XE intake as that would make a nice set.   Jason has them now to put on the XE 428 cj engine they are building.
General Discussion / XE cobra jet manifolds
« Last post by Coralsnake on Today at 08:09:20 pm »
I have some photos of a very interesting XE 428 Cobra Jet intake. I will try to post them tomorrow. Its dated June of 1967!
Anybody coming to this show?  It's 428 (April 4th month, 28 day) day!
General Discussion / Re: I am having a really good day
« Last post by RoyceP on Today at 10:55:34 am »
Style Steel wheels are included as part of the XR7-G package on post - Rader wheel recall cars. We don't know the exact date the recall affected new car production. We only know the date of the recall letter. An educated guess would be late March / early April 1968 for the change over from Rader wheels to the SS wheels. The Marti Reporst for each car shows SS wheels on the later XR7-G.

I think my car would be post GT, it has all the HD suspension but no GT option on the Marti Report.

Royce we are both lucky to have the Style Steel Wheels option on our 68 R Cougars. A lot of people think they are standard equip on XR7 cars. I know Style Steel Wheels were standard equip for GTE. Are they also standard equip on XR7-G cars? you may know this being the G registrar ;)
You have always been a Dyno Don fan and the car is perfect for you. Keep posting updates as they are inspiration for my own here.
I am currently trying to determine if we both have later post GT production HD suspension R codes.
« Last post by sportyworty on Today at 10:50:14 am »
Royce we are both lucky to have the Style Steel Wheels option on our 68 R Cougars. A lot of people think they are standard equip on XR7 cars. I know Style Steel Wheels were standard equip for GTE. Are they also standard equip on XR7-G cars? you may know this being the G registrar ;)
You have always been a Dyno Don fan and the car is perfect for you. Keep posting updates as they are inspiration for my own here.
I am currently trying to determine if we both have later post GT production HD suspension R codes. I am 4 weeks after you and also not a GT.
We can always count on a detailed and interesting story from this one... she makes big efforts and sacrifices to the Mustang/Cougar Gods. My wife thinks you are amazing on the car wrenching btw.  8)

« Last post by JSOHC on Today at 10:27:58 am »
I still like to know where they came up with me buying it from a teenager?
Royce you should have bought it when I had it for sale. Way better deal.
Jack in Ga
Ha ha.  Well, original Blue Dot tires would be sweet too!
All of the usual aftermarket stuff is compromised in some way.  It can be made to work OK but the fit is just not right.  That is why I have a box of leftovers I would be happy to share with you.

The only ones I have found that fit and look right are Blue Dot which are, of course, expensive.

http://bluedotspecialties.com/

Jim
I saw that AND HOPED ......you meant you have real tires!!

Mark
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10