Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Steering box rebuild recomendations?
« Last post by ng8264723 on December 14, 2017, 11:23:01 pm »
Any pricing comparison?
General Discussion / Re: What is the proper clutch rod?
« Last post by phrogman66 on December 14, 2017, 09:00:37 pm »
Thank you very much!!  I thought I was losing my mind.
« Last post by Brian Conway on December 14, 2017, 08:54:35 pm »
...and a picture of how it comes through the fire wall and attaches to the Z bar.  Brian
« Last post by Vcode on December 14, 2017, 08:46:34 pm »
The bottom one.
The top one is for a small block.
Point well taken Randy and I apologize to you for veering off your subject.

By the way your revelation on the Canadian heads and the follow-up posts was my Christmas present and a fascinating read, I always wondered about that!

General Discussion / What is the proper clutch rod?
« Last post by phrogman66 on December 14, 2017, 08:16:49 pm »
Hi, I am trying to figure out which clutch rod is proper for my 69 SJC.  The one I have seems to fit weird.  Any suggestions as to the proper one?  Is it where the attach points are on the same side, or opposite side?

Cobra Jet Drag Racing / Re: After 49 years the "secret" is out on 'Canadian" heads.....
« Last post by 161854 on December 14, 2017, 06:41:17 pm »
  Baseball AIN'T drag racing Ken. Drag racing is FULL of cheaters!!!!!! DSR JFR and THOUSANDS of others. SKILL of the driver is "maybe" 20% of the equation at BEST. Let's keep on the subject.
Was Eddie a cheater or a smart competitor?

With respect to major car races, what racing team came out of the cellar to win a major event? 

What is the driving force behind number 1 finishers, the machinery and pit crew or the skill of the driver?

https://sabr.org/bioproj/person/f33416b9

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Stanky

General Discussion / Re: AC Dryer hose connection question
« Last post by geraldt52 on December 14, 2017, 04:45:30 pm »
Just because an AC system holds a vacuum doesn't necessarily mean it will hold pressure....and vice versa...

It stands to reason that you're right about that, b--r30, but I've never actually seen it happen.  Have you?
Cobra Jet Drag Racing / Re: After 49 years the "secret" is out on 'Canadian" heads.....
« Last post by 161854 on December 14, 2017, 04:31:52 pm »
    Dennis
      THANK YOU as always! You are  (and were) there and I'm a couple thousand miles away , there is no substitute for that . My associations are from ( now 50) years of trying to establish them after I saw my first experimental parts and wanted to know how to get them.I was a "nobody" but a persistent "pest". Doug Nash (rip) was one of the first to help me ( kind of like giving a screaming kid a piece of candy LOL). In later years as the parts became "obsolete" they became available from many sources. this rekindled the fire in me and I returned to my search for answers. Through the help of many this "outsider" has been given some insight on many of the parts I have owned and in many cases returned them to usefulness. I just last week spent 3 hours with Bob Wendland who is also looking forward to talking with Bruce after  30+ years.  As we continue to lose the retirees  the "magic" of what they created will be lost forever. I think back about a ton of questions  I should have asked Bill Holbrook (rip) . He was SO happy to talk about the things he and the others did back then. To him it was like yesterday. Selfishly , I would like to know as much as I can about what went on and I refuse to give up trying.
      Randy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10