Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Gotta say, this is one of the best threads ever!!
It has been a long time but it's back together and running

Getting ready to leave for Norwalk Wednesday.

General Discussion / Staggered Shock Plates; A Short Story
« Last post by Brian Conway on Today at 02:51:02 pm »
     While inspecting my car before the actual purchase the presence of the staggered shock plates was noted.  Also noted were the traction bars welded to them.  That was about 10 years ago and I have been on the look out for a replacement set of shock plates since then.  After buying the car in '09 and towing it home it was necessary to put the car up on jack stands and begin the ' street ready ' process.  One of those items were the traction bar removal from the shock plates.  A friend had recently purchased a plasma cutter, this guy is a Harbor Freight nut,  and was happy to do me a favor.  The car was already up in the air so off come the plates with the attached traction bars.  Off to his house and off come the traction bars.  The plasma cutter was awesome.  Back home and re-install the, now notched, shock plates and installed a set of KYB's.  That part of the ' street ready ' done it was time to move on.
      So 10 years later and no luck locating a pair of real 69 staggered shock plates I stumble across a pair w/hardware on EBAY...  Buy it Now $200.00.  Pushed the button and $215.00 later the plates are now on my car.  That's not the point of the story.  I am getting there.  Two hundred bucks is still a lot of money and more than I wanted to pay.  Reproductions are in the $350.00 range and some vendors are asking in the $400.00 range.  Just plain stupid money, totally unreasonable, but that seems to be what the sellers are asking.   
     Anyway very happy with the cleaned and rust protected shock plates, u bolts and nuts.  Now to the point.  As I mentioned earlier I am running a pair of KYB's and the on and off of these shocks was the hardest part of this remove and replace exercise.  I put these KYB's on the car back in '09, put a set on my 65 as well, and didn't remember anything extraordinary.  This time when re-installing the shock plate end of the shock I came up short.  I was unable to push the shock up into position for the installation.    I consulted my 69 Shock Manual and the brief description says " compress the shock " well that's not happening.  I then called a friend, long time mechanic, and his reply was bottle jack.  That rung a bell.  So with the bottle jack and some short 2x4's I got the shocks installed.  Now I made a few comments while doing this Mickey Mouse operation and I am still wondering ?  There has got to be a better way.  Brian 
General Discussion / Re: Carb exchage possible or not?
« Last post by 428 CJ hardtops on Today at 09:56:57 am »
Not even close in similar values the C8OF-AB carb is worth much more  .
General Discussion / Carb exchage possible or not?
« Last post by godabitibi on Today at 08:43:39 am »
Hi, just a question because I'm not sure of the carb values. Do someone have or know of a C8OE-AB carb that could be trade for a C9OE-H. Are their value similar ?
Thanks!
General Discussion / Re: Survivor or not?
« Last post by godabitibi on Today at 08:37:19 am »
Someone asked about the transmission so here are some info.

It has a R servo and the tag is here
I’m sorry, I got a new email and I’ve been really busy the last year and a half! I just logged in tonight and read this and I’m very excited about learning about more history of my car. I have talked to Bob Jr ,Carl Sr and Dean Gregson and they are 100% certain that my car is Street Bertha, or Burtha?? However you choose to spell it? But the 019 car number it’s been given is a mistake... the car is number 041. I’m fairly certain this mistake came from the recent Tasca Ford Legacy book written by Bob McClurg. But, the 427TP the car has now was just a motor choice we made because that was the motor in the car the day Mario raced it. Definitely no claim to ever owning the Loyd Ruby 427 TP. I asked about it the first time I met Bob Jr hoping it was still on a shelf somewhere at Tasca Ford and he told me that motor left in a 69 Mach 1 never to be seen again. Now we have the answer to where that motor ended up. Thanks Dave!! I can’t wait to meet you and your father this weekend. See you in Ohio!
Ben Cole
Shows and Events / Re: Pre-Register for the 50th Cobra Jet Reunion
« Last post by preaction on August 19, 2018, 09:03:34 pm »
Looks like the weather is going to be great for Thursday to Sunday.
Shows and Events / Friday night Celebration Dinner
« Last post by 1of1044 on August 19, 2018, 08:40:44 pm »
What will be proper attire for the Celebration Dinner? 
General Discussion / Re: 80 b original pulley
« Last post by godabitibi on August 19, 2018, 04:48:23 pm »
Yes I ordered one from Mansfield and 300 was the price.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10