This page contains links to documents that provide "how-to" instructions for various do-it-yourself restoration projects. Documents can be provided by anyone who is willing to describe how they tackled a specific project, so please feel free to write down what you've learned and share it with others! There are a few requirements for submissions, though:
- I (Scott Hollenbeck, registry administrator and owner of this web site) reserve editorial rights for all information published here. Submissions must be approved by me and may be subjected to editing and formatting changes as I see fit.
- I reserve the right to publish only information that I see fit to publish. In other words, sending me something to publish is no guarantee that I'll actually publish it.
- Submissions must contain enough detail (pictures and text) for the typical Mustang hobbyist with basic tools to perform the job. It's OK to describe steps that require outside help, like "take the fooblaz to your favorite machine shop to have the barblitz pressed out". Just try to provide complete descriptions.
- Please try to keep the size of the article and images to a minimum while meeting the requirement to be complete. Not everyone has a broadband connection to the Internet.
- Anonymous contributions will not be accepted. You must provide your name and a valid email address to be published with your submission so that people with questions can contact you directly.
- Portable Document Format (PDF) and HTML formats only, please.
- Please talk to me before writing or sending anything. Start with email and we'll take it from there. The best way to reach me is through the registry forum (registration required).
PDF files require special software to open and read the file. A free software package that allows you to open and read PDF files is available from Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- Choke Stove Rebuild (PDF) by Bill Upham
- Carter "X" Fuel Pump Rebuild (HTML) by Scott Hollenbeck
- 1967-69 Wagner Brake Pressure Differential Valve Rebuild (HTML) by Scott Hollenbeck
- Wagner Drum Brake Pressure Differential Valve Rebuild (HTML) by Scott Hollenbeck
- 1970-73 Kelsey-Hayes Brake Pressure Differential Valve Rebuild (HTML) by Scott Hollenbeck
- 1969 - 1971 Ford Rev Limiter Upgrade (HTML) by Scott Hollenbeck
Links To Other "How To" Pages
You may find these links to related "how to" articles interesting. They may or may not describe parts unique to the 428 CJ, but there's usually something there that was used on or is related to cars equipped with a 428 CJ or SCJ. Please note that the content on these pages is not controlled by the Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry. Please contact the web site owners if you have questions about the content on their web pages.