Author Topic: MCA Grand national show. Where you Ben?  (Read 1004 times)

Offline 68Rcodeman

• Past Registry Supporter
  • Old Hand
  • 135 Lightweight, #045 Russ Davis Ford
MCA Grand national show. Where you Ben?
« on: September 03, 2011, 10:27:08 pm »
OK, Cool weather, Sunshine. Lots of old friends and even met some new ones from this forum. But no Ben Cole sightings. Jim Woods wants his money back. LOL..  ;D Having a great time, wish you could have made it. I know how you feel after being gone from home for so long, Driving and driving gets old. 2 68 CJ 135 cars and a 68 Very nice production car from New Hamshire. Lots of nice cars.
                                                            David
135 Lightweight, Russ Davis #045, 321 Actual miles,
Original Paint , Sound deadener delete.
1968 1/2 Fastback, Last one produced, San Jose plant
1968 GT500KR Fastback, Highland Green, 28,000 mile
2005 Ford GT, White w/ Blue stripe
2008 FR500CJ,#48

Offline 6t8-390gt

• Shadetree Mechanic
Re: MCA Grand national show. Where you Ben?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 06:01:23 pm »
David,
Where have you BEN? I've BEN in Waldorf at the MCA Grand National.  Great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones (although I'm glad it's over). I've BEN here, I've BEN there looking for a forum member but never saw him.  He will remain nameless for now!

Thanks for the help with the carb and getting me ready for a show I would not have been able to get the car to without you and Vinny.

Danny
MCA Gold Card Judge
68.5 Raven Black 428CJ, 4 spd., 4.30 GT Coupe
68 Raven Black 390, 4 spd., 3.25 GT Fastback
68 Candy Apple Red 302, C-4, 3.25 GT Conv.
68 Presidential Blue 302, 4 spd., 3.25 GT Conv. (Basket Case)

Offline sah62

• Administrator
  • Fanatic!
    • Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 08:20:28 pm »
I'm sorry that I missed you guys.  I had my car registered and planned to be there, but a family emergency (not serious) kept me away from home.
Scott Hollenbeck
Administrator, Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry
Owner, Muscle Car Research LLC
1970 R-Code Mach 1
2006 Dodge Charger SRT8
1995 Chevrolet Impala SS

Offline rockhouse66

• Registry Supporter
  • Fanatic!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 08:26:32 pm »
Yeah, I was cheated.  Only two 135 drag cars and I expected three  ::)

I also expected to bump into Mr. Truitt at some point; sure you were there?  Nice show Danny!
Jim

'69 Grande CJ

Offline 6t8-390gt

• Shadetree Mechanic
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 12:54:41 pm »

I also expected to bump into Mr. Truitt at some point; sure you were there?  Nice show Danny!

Jim,
I would have liked to have had more time to enjoy the show and catch up with you and others more than I did.  For me this show was about pleasing everyone else!  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Danny
MCA Gold Card Judge

Offline VASCJ

• Past Registry Supporter
  • Fanatic!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 01:57:56 pm »
great show Danny, you guys did real good. I especially liked the security forces ;)
Had a chance to look over the white 68-1/2 GT, boy that was a beautiful car. Didn't see many factory 69/70 R-codes there, I guess they are all hiding away. Really enjoyed all of the cars, but, enjoyed speaking to all of the folks more. There were a lot of original owners there, lots of moms and pops who absolutely loved their mustangs with longterm onwership stories. I think to me that was one of the neat things about a grand national show like this one, lots of ownership passion. Enjoyed seeing the NCRMC boys again, but, knew you were busy with Richard and the rest of the gang getting things moving. your car looked great, as always.

Offline bencole

• Old Hand
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 02:47:08 am »
I like it!! But I hate when people fall through on a commitment, and I really hate it when it's me!! Sounds like you guys had a great show and a really good time. I really hated to miss the show but that was one long 10 days on the road. I went to the Cobra Jet showdown in Milan and got really lucky and made it to the finals so I didn't get to do anything there but race. If my friend form Australia hadn't been there I wouldn't have even snapped a picture...Luckily he snapped about a thousand!! Then I dropped the trailer off at Mark Haas' so we could get around town. From there we went to the Henry Ford Museum, the Village and also got to go to some of the Engineering buildings and see some really awesome behind the scenes stuff. We went back to Mark's tuesday night, hooked up and headed south to Indy and watched the Stock and Super Stock cars qualify and Race Wednesday to Friday... The plan was to Drive all night Thursday night, be in Maryland by Friday morning and then unload the car, hang out Friday and Saturday, then drive back to Indy Saturday night... the problem was I didn't factor in there was three full days, with only one night of sleep and my Co-Pilot was a right hand drive Aussie!! Some time early Thursday I began to see there was a major flaw in my plan. That was when we decided to stay put and just watch the nationals all week. So... basically, I hauled Whitey 3000 miles so about 20 people could see it, the whole time it never was unhooked or unloaded? Anyway.... that's Where I Ben!

Thanks Danny, I know you put a lot of work in to the show and you were so much nicer than Mark about not RUBBING IT IN THAT I GOOFED UP!!! Right Mark?   

Offline x-70option

• Vendor
  • Fanatic!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 11:43:22 pm »
OMG !!   I guess I have to "consider feelings" more !!

Just be glad I talked you out of "visiting Chicago" and spending a little more time in MI !  After gallivanting all over the Ford museums my house was probably a big let down.   

I'm expecting Joey to "show up" with a bunch of mates ANYTIME !   

Mark

Mark Haas
517 861 7630 cel

Offline bencole

• Old Hand
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 01:47:40 am »
That's funny... Actually your house had the best Mustang we saw in Detroit!! How's that for a Vote of Confidence? That Blue car is awesome! It may be in Australia some day. And yes, I'm so glad you stopped us form visiting Chicago, that would have been a disaster. Joey should be home soon and hopefully he'll become a member of the forum. Thanks again for everything, we had a great time.
Ben

Offline 6t8-390gt

• Shadetree Mechanic
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 09:08:13 pm »
Ben,
Glad you posted here and saw the humor.  You had David and I worried for a couple days.  Glad you had a good trip; we'll catch up soon.  BTW Mustang, OK is not a road trip for you so you still owe your East Coast friends a visit.

Danny
MCA Gold Card Judge

Offline bencole

• Old Hand
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 01:37:15 am »
Yea Danny, I liked it. I was gone for so long that when I got home, I had a new computer, some new furniture, and my kids were calling me Ben! I asked them if Michelle had them calling anyone else daddy? but they said no? The new computer messed me up because I didn't remember my passwords so I was a reader only for a while.
Ben