Author Topic: Another 2010 CJ Mustang makes it`s Stock eliminator debut.(in fine fashion!)  (Read 712 times)

Offline Rory McNeil

• Occasional Poster
I have a 85 5.0 Mustang that I race in NHRA Stock Eliminator in the Northwest. This weekend we have a LODRS divisional race at Mission Raceway in British Columbia Canada. A new 2010 Cobra Jet Mustang, owned by the Cour family from the Portland Oregon area, brought their new Mustang out for it`s first race. Due to rain, we only made 1 pass on Friday, but Sean Cour took his new ride to the #1 qualifying position, with a stout 9.86ET @135MPH, in the A/SA class.
When I first started going to the drag races in the early 70`s, father Brian Cour was racing a couple of 428 Cobra Jet Mustangs in Super Stock. There may have been others, but the 2 that I recall were a 68 fastback, and a 69 Convertible. In the late 70`s, or early 80`s, Cour quit racing, but in the early 90`s he came back, albeit with Chevrolets, mainly driven by his 2 sons, Sean & Kevin, in Stock, and then Super Stock. Although Sean was also driving their SS/GTAA  Chevy Cavelier at Mission, it is great to see the Cour name back in a Ford again.
427 FE powered Ford Fairmont drag car. ET:9.97@132mph
Have owned 5 "R" code Mustangs & Fairlanes over the past 25+ years.
Currently building a 1959 Ford 2 door sedan with a 428 CJ and Toploader 4 speed.

4284spd

The Torres's out of Texas have the 68.