Author Topic: Engine decal for 68 FE  (Read 1077 times)

Offline 68 S Code

• Newcomer
Engine decal for 68 FE
« on: November 02, 2011, 09:25:51 pm »
I'm posting this question here figuring someone has possibly seen an original unrestored 68 FE. Spoke with Bob Perkins a few weeks ago and we were going over the ECS decals I had with me. He looked at the engine block decal which was C1 K319J (denoting a 68 S code 390). He said he thought the C1 was wrong. We looked at his 3 69 Cj's and they all had an L prefix which stood for the Lima plant. I spoke with Dave over at ESC and he said Lima started building all the FE's in 69 but that was mid-year 69. His documentation shows C1 for Cleveland 1 engine plant for FE's in 68. I spoke with Bob again and he concured that Lima was mid 69. Then he mentioned that possibly all FE's were assembled at River Rouge (dearborn assembly plant). Makes sense to me since Fe's were cast at the Detroit Foundry thus the DIF casting on the blocks. So would Ford cast it in Detroit only to ship it to cleveland for machining and assembly and then reship some to Dearborn and the rest to SJ or Met? Question is has anyone seen an original unmolested car or seen assembly line pics with a paper tag with something other than a C1 prefix. I'm thinking the people here would be most knowledgable about 68 Fe's.

Offline thefordshow

• Fanatic!
  • fordcountry@bell.net
Re: Engine decal for 68 FE
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 04:09:51 pm »
This is from a 68.5 cobra jet, Note the different size on the font.   Chris

Offline thefordshow

• Fanatic!
  • fordcountry@bell.net
Re: Engine decal for 68 FE
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 08:50:59 pm »
..may be a photo would help