Author Topic: Cobra Jet Nationals at the Mid America Shelby Meet in Tulsa, Oklahoma 2010  (Read 9092 times)

Offline Sirrevsalot

• Past Registry Supporter
  • Fanatic!
  • SGRANT3470@AOL.COM
Man, I'm counting the days... can't wait to get there. Ben, I may be bringing Black Magic in a non-running state. My trailer freed up for the weekend and if there ends up being a photo op, I sure would like to get it in there!

Is there a unfinished class in the show, LOL!
  Bring it out so the other forum members can "Judge it"  LOL,
1970 Buick GS350 Survivor

Offline cjjeff

• Fanatic!
Worked on it all day, it has more parts on it now than it ever has in MY ownership!!!!!!!!!!! Piecing together a car with pretty much a missing front clip is kind of a bi**h! Even Ford parts don't always fit really good on these 70 front ends. I always wondered why some of the cars looked a little different in the front...
Previous owner of:
"Black Magic" 1970 R code Sportsroof
"Black Magic II" 1990 Mustang 5.0 LX Coupe
Currently own:
1967 Mustang GT fastback A code 4 speed

Offline Sirrevsalot

• Fanatic!
  • SGRANT3470@AOL.COM
Hot shoe David Garton went 10.48 at 128 and 10.46 at 129 at Ben's test session !! First use of his 2008 CJ as it was made to do.Race it like ya stole it  . You guys are missing the fun!!
1970 Buick GS350 Survivor

4284spd

Anymore updates?

Offline suede57ford

• Occasional Poster
We just made it home from Tulsa.    We had a great weekend.   

My wife raced the Mach 1 Saturday at the drags.  She has no drag racing experince so it was frustrating for her at first.   She got better towards the end of the day, and has plans to start practicing racing the mach a few times before next year.  She had one dry-hop performed in reverse right back into the water. The traction-loc is slipping, as all her runs were full of tire smoke from the right side.   She ran in the 14's most of the time.(I ran a 14.30 on slick street tires last year).   We had to go out to some back roads and practice launches late friday night, almost got caught too! She had fun.

I had my black '57 Ford sedan there as well.  It developed an intake gasket leak, that I fixed in the parking lot on friday.    My dad made a few passes in the Edsel.

The car show was ok, but super humid and hot!   There were very few older cars.  I only saw two CJ 69/70's, some '68's and three '69 cobra Torino's.

We make Tulsa every year.  We feel it is the best Ford show in the region with such a variety of things to do.

Everybody needs to make plans for next year.  It would be great to see some more muscle Fords represented there next year.

Pat Fleischman
69 Mach R-code,air,red/red int, survivor car.
69 Boss 429
69 Talladega, Maroon
57 Ford Custom 2dr, F-code supercharged 312
57 T-Bird, 460
57 Ranch Wagon
57 Sedan Delivery
57 Ranchero
69 Bronco
70 Torino Cobra Yellow 4spd 4:30Drag Pack

Offline Bill Hamilton

• Shadetree Mechanic
We just made it home from Tulsa.    We had a great weekend.   

My wife raced the Mach 1 Saturday at the drags.  She has no drag racing experince so it was frustrating for her at first.   She got better towards the end of the day, and has plans to start practicing racing the mach a few times before next year.  She had one dry-hop performed in reverse right back into the water. The traction-loc is slipping, as all her runs were full of tire smoke from the right side.   She ran in the 14's most of the time.(I ran a 14.30 on slick street tires last year).   We had to go out to some back roads and practice launches late friday night, almost got caught too! She had fun.

I had my black '57 Ford sedan there as well.  It developed an intake gasket leak, that I fixed in the parking lot on friday.    My dad made a few passes in the Edsel.

The car show was ok, but super humid and hot!   There were very few older cars.  I only saw two CJ 69/70's, some '68's and three '69 cobra Torino's.

We make Tulsa every year.  We feel it is the best Ford show in the region with such a variety of things to do.

Everybody needs to make plans for next year.  It would be great to see some more muscle Fords represented there next year.

Very cool!!!  What kind of trap speeds did you clock in the quarter?  I did see a picture of someone in an Edsel lined up against an AC Cobra, maybe it was your dad.  What kind of times and speeds did he run?  Sounds like a great family event for you, congrats!
Bill Hamilton
Former owner of a 1970 428 SCJ Convertible
Presently 1970 Mach 1 / 351C-4V with T-5 Five Speed
and 2014 Shelby GT-500