Author Topic: Cobra Jet Nationals at the Mid America Shelby Meet in Tulsa, Oklahoma 2010  (Read 9137 times)

Offline bencole

• Old Hand
I'm sorry there hasn't been more information out but I'm trying to get some stuff finalized. THis is a great show and the addition of the CObra Jet Nationals will only add to the show! A normal Mustang show has about 2 68's and 5 or 6 69 and 70's. We have to bring the CJ's out for this show to show the SHelby and Boss guys we belong there too.

Yes, THere are cars around for sale and this should be a great place to find either a car, a lead on a car, parts, or just information for a future purchase.

THe beauty of this show is there is enough stuff going on that we don't need to do anything extra, there is always something going on. We just need that little something to give us a "presence" at the show.

Make plans to come and god luck with you r hunt for a 68CJ.

Ben

4284spd

Hi Ben
Are you still planning a seperate day at the track on friday?

Offline bencole

• Old Hand
Yes,

That and some kind of a catered lunch for everyone to hang out? Friday is the best day for this. Thursday has the cruise, I don't know if we can get all of the CJ's together for sure, but if we leave together we should be able to stay together. A lot of the CJ's will ahve to be hauled, but they need to be there, the downtown streets will be full of people and cars. I think there were over 600 cars last year? THen saturday will be at the drags for everyone, and sunday is the car show, so it's hard to schedule much stuff. We need to start working on a head count of some sort.

You making the trip Bob?

Ben

Offline 68gtcoupe

• Newcomer
  • Username: terryhhall
Ben,

Just bought my plane tickets to come out to Tulsa for the show.  Danny and I are arriving late afternoon on Wednesday and staying for the whole thing, not leaving Tulsa until Monday morning!  Really looking forward to it, it's something we've both wanted to do for years.  Staying at the Marriott.  See you in a couple of months.

Terry
'68 GT coupe, J-code, C4, 3.25, Meadowlark Yellow, San Jose

Offline bencole

• Old Hand
Good Deal Terry.

Thanks and I can't wait. See you in June.

Ben

Offline bencole

• Old Hand
Friday at the Drag Strip is confirmed.

THe track will be rented as a test session from 9 to 5...NO SIDE BY SIDE RUNS... we will have a lunch catered to the track. No tent, I think that would be added cost and effort that will not be worth the trouble. THere will be cost associated with this that will be seperate from any of the SHelby Meet registration you will have filled out. Not sure on that yet.

The track has it's own Friday night Test and Tune that will start at 6. It sounds like it will be included in our track rental. They will give us two lanes...SIDE BY SIDE RUNS WILL BE ALLOWED HERE...and this will last until about 10pm. Then Saturday the main event will be hare at the drag strip.

SO...

The schedule will look something like this...

ARRIVE...Wednesday evening or Thursday Morning

THursday evening...the cruise night will go downtown to the Brady District. We will figure out a way to get the trailered cars close.

Friday.... Cobra Jet day at the Drag Strip

Saturday... the Main Event at the strip

Sunday...Car Show...Enter your car in the appropriate Year, there will not be a Cobra Jet only class...but there will be some special CObra Jet awards handed out.

SOme of the things this year...A Ford Racing, Shelby, Brent Hajeck... Worlds Fastest Mustang display Featuring the 69 and the 08 Bonneville cars, the 08 Cobra Jet WInternationals winning CObra Jet, among others.

Jacky Jones will bring his 1969 Ford Drag Team CObra Jet and it will be in the Hotel Lobby

These are just some of the things that will be at the show this year. Please make plans to attend and get your rooms now, buy Banquet tickets because that always sells out and you never know who's going to show up there.

Email me mcole01@hotmail.com or call me 918 230 7305 if you have any questions or if there is anything I can help you with.

Ben Cole

Offline cjjeff

• Past Registry Supporter
  • Fanatic!
Jacky Jones will bring his 1969 Ford Drag Team CObra Jet and it will be in the Hotel Lobby

Awesome!
Previous owner of:
"Black Magic" 1970 R code Sportsroof
"Black Magic II" 1990 Mustang 5.0 LX Coupe
Currently own:
1967 Mustang GT fastback A code 4 speed

Offline BRDVPRA

• Newcomer
  • Mid America Video Guy (White 65 Falcon HT)
    • My Youtube Channel
Hey All,
I just wanted to drop a line from Tulsa. I'm the video and website guy for the Mid America Ford and Team Shelby Nationals. As a some of you know, we put together an event video that we display at the banquet during dinner.  If you guys want to provide some cool group shots or shots/video from the event (especially Friday I will be at Hallett), I would be happy to include them into the presentation. I will be the guy in the grocery getter (white 65 Falcon with a red stripe) . We can also put your photos in a gallery as well on our website at the end of the event if you like. I would just need to get them at the event or you can send them on cd/dvd.

Let me know what you think,

Bryce Langley
65 Falcon HT
63 Falcon HT
61 Falcon Sedan Delivery

Offline 68gtcoupe

• Newcomer
  • Username: terryhhall
Ben!

Danny, Ross and I have our event tickets, including banquet.  Really getting excited for the show.  We will all be there by Wednesday evening.  Looking forward to catching up with you for the LONG weekend!!!  See you in 12 days. 

Terry Hall
'68 GT coupe, J-code, C4, 3.25, Meadowlark Yellow, San Jose

Offline BRDVPRA

• Newcomer
  • Mid America Video Guy (White 65 Falcon HT)
    • My Youtube Channel
I hope to see a number of the Cobra Jets at the show! Don't forget to download your survival guide at http://www.midamericafordmeet.com. It has all the maps, schedules, etc. you need for the show. See you in Tulsa!
65 Falcon HT
63 Falcon HT
61 Falcon Sedan Delivery

Offline bencole

• Old Hand
Terry,

It's going to be a great show. I hope there are a lot of CJ's here. There will be a lot of KR's for and some great CJ's for sure. I hope the numbers turn out too! One great thing about this show...you will see some cars running...not just showing!

It'll be a great show.

Ben

Offline sportyworty

• Fanatic!
Ben are you going to run? still have the TP under the hood
8F91R577646  Black 4 Speed

Offline bencole

• Old Hand
Not going to run the 68. I broke the transmission in the 2010 CJ so it's out of commission too. I'm too scared to run that 68 again after last year. It does still have the TP in it though...and it sounds great!!!! COme on out.

Ben

Offline cjjeff

• Past Registry Supporter
  • Fanatic!
Man, I'm counting the days... can't wait to get there. Ben, I may be bringing Black Magic in a non-running state. My trailer freed up for the weekend and if there ends up being a photo op, I sure would like to get it in there!

Is there a unfinished class in the show, LOL!
Previous owner of:
"Black Magic" 1970 R code Sportsroof
"Black Magic II" 1990 Mustang 5.0 LX Coupe
Currently own:
1967 Mustang GT fastback A code 4 speed

Offline bencole

• Old Hand
Absolutely Jeff! SOme of the unfinished and unrestored cars I've seen lately have stolen the shows, no matter what kind of class they are in. Bring it on...

Ben