Author Topic: Stock Eliminator 1969 Mustang Fastback Racers Please read  (Read 1270 times)

Offline MartyBurke

• Newcomer
Stock Eliminator 1969 Mustang Fastback Racers Please read
« on: December 07, 2010, 05:40:45 pm »
I have been contacted by Die-Cast Promotions In Iowa. They want to do a die cast of my Stock Eliminator Mustang. In talking with the Vice President, he asked if I knew of any others folks who would like their cars done. These will be in 1/8th scale and a limited production piece. Owners who are approved will be compansated.  I am not making anything on this, I'm just trying to help
promote Stock Eliminator Mustangs like mine. Contact the VP direct. They have done several Sox & Martin cars through thier Highway 61 site. Thanks & Good Luck
Marty Burke
Contact info
Steve Von Handorf
Vice President Operations
Die-Cast Promotions
9866 Kapp Ct
Peosta Iowa 52068
563-583-3468
www.diecastpromotions.com

Offline 428 CJ hardtops

• Fanatic!
Re: Stock Eliminator 1969 Mustang Fastback Racers Please read
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 07:51:26 pm »
Congrats Marty.Ask them if they would do Barrie Pooles 69 CJ Coupe .I would buy several andd I know many others that would also.The 68 1/2 Sandy Elliot car is highly sought after and high priced compared to most other old Ford race cars out there.Steve
had many 428 CJ and SCJ cars over the last 30 years.I currently own a 68 1/2 coupe and a 69 R code SCJ Coupe and a 70 R code SCJ Cougar Eliminator .I am looking for a 70 428 coupe if anybody knows of one for sale.

4284spd

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 08:45:43 pm »
They need to do the 68's like Calverts and Pauley's car! It might just be my opinion but I think the 68's would be extremley more popular than the 69's. No offense 69 owners.
Bob

Offline MartyBurke

• Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 08:49:51 pm »
The reason why they are doing the 69 car is that they already did a street {factory stock} verision. So the dies are already made.
If we can make this a success, I would hope that the 68 1/2 car would be next.
Great car for both street & strip
Marty

4284spd

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 09:35:14 pm »
HWY 61 make some bad ass cuda's and darts so any mustang stocker would be on my list.

4284spd

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 10:46:17 pm »
You gotta have little Cal Tracs on it to!

Offline cjjeff

• Past Registry Supporter
  • Fanatic!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 02:37:54 am »
Marty.... excellent news! My Black Magic car was the inspiration behind the 70 Sportsroofs that Hwy 61 did before turning to the 69 tooling. Actually, my real 70 Missouri plate is on the black R code Sportsroof car. I had been in close contact with some of the group that unfortunately got laid off last year.

I sent much reference for all the 69 and 70 cars and the Twister guys have me to thank partially for the HWY 61 Twister being correct with no spoilers, slats or Magnums! I still hope to see them bring out a line of 69 Mach 1's and was hoping to get the 69 Ford Drag Team cars done also. Jacky Jones owns the east coast Hubert Platt 428 super stock car which is Blue with white trim and I believe someone here knows who owns the west coast white with blue trim Ed Terry 428 s/s car. Those cars have less modifications then the match race cars so hopefully they can be done. There are many pictures of the cars for reference.. Bob Perkins owns the Blue match race car and between he and Jacky, have tons of beautiful pics of those cars.

I think the Jim Waldo car was a pretty significant car and I'm sure there are others. To those who want the 68.5 and 135 cars I say yes, there are many great subjects for those and Hwy 61 does a great job and the cars are priced very well for what you get. It may take a little while because the economy really hurt the hobby industry. They need to maximize their existing tooling and I am glad that the 69 tooling got done... the 69 Boss 302's turned out great! We probably won't ever see a 69 or 70 coupe... just too limited for different versions.

I will get in touch with Steve to see if I can help....
Previous owner of:
"Black Magic" 1970 R code Sportsroof
"Black Magic II" 1990 Mustang 5.0 LX Coupe
Currently own:
1967 Mustang GT fastback A code 4 speed

Offline rockhouse66

• Registry Supporter
  • Fanatic!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 07:43:41 am »
I still hope to see them bring out a line of 69 Mach 1's and was hoping to get the 69 Ford Drag Team cars done also. Jacky Jones owns the east coast Hubert Platt 428 super stock car which is Blue with white trim and I believe someone here knows who owns the west coast white with blue trim Ed Terry 428 s/s car. Those cars have less modifications then the match race cars so hopefully they can be done. There are many pictures of the cars for reference.. Bob Perkins owns the Blue match race car and between he and Jacky, have tons of beautiful pics of those cars.

+1 on the Ford Drag Team cars; hope you can make this happen!
Jim

'69 Grande CJ

Offline MartyBurke

• Newcomer
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 05:26:56 pm »
Guys! I am not in the position to make ANYTHING happen! The company called me, they asked to do my car.
I agreed, & they asked me if I knew anyone else {car owners} who had a 1969 Fastback {what they have the tooling for}
I told them that I would post on a couple of Forums so I wouldn't forget anyone & if they {the owners} were interested
they {the owners again} can contact the company. I am sorry if I mis-lead anyone with the original post. I knew what I was trying to accomplish, but I guess my post missed the target! Sorry!

Marty
PS: No cars with Tubs! They do not have the tooling. If this project grows legs maybe they will make tooling for 68 1/2, Tubbed cars
and Coupes {would love to see Barrie Pooles car get done} but its not my call