Author Topic: 2011 Cobra Jet Showdown  (Read 2316 times)

Offline bunkie314

• Shadetree Mechanic
  • FR500CJ044
Re: 2011 Cobra Jet Showdown
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 01:21:22 pm »
Ben,

What was the tech like?  Did they truly look over the car for S or SS rules?  I would plan for next year just to get together with other owners.  Did they take a group photo?

Blair
Still going through Midlife acting like a 20 year old.

Offline bencole

• Old Hand
Re: 2011 Cobra Jet Showdown
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 02:56:13 am »
No Blair, They didn't tech anything. AS far as rules go I mean...the roll cage, rear shut off, and weight, and that was it. It was really a run what u brung deal. The whole purpose was to have it at a non NHRA event so the cars can go as fast as you want without raising the NHRA horsepower factor. If you've been watching the 08's are Super Stock only now. And the 2010's are getting their horsepower re-factored almost every race so they're SS/AA only and their almost too heavy for it too. NHRA is going to have to make a new class for the cars for next year it appears. they have to weigh 3670 or so now and it keeps climbing.

No Group photo, a couple lunches but if you were racing they're wasn't much time for that either. It was a great event, they need to have three or four of them around the country each year and it would be a good draw I think? I kept telling people how that "twenty years from now were going to wish we would have done more stuff here".

Ben