Author Topic: Is anyone planning to attend Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach?  (Read 2245 times)

Offline jonw29

• Past Registry Supporter
  • Old Hand
Is anyone planning to attend Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach?
« on: March 22, 2014, 09:04:34 pm »
I am going down to sell my Talladega and I will be coming back north,to SC, empty if anyone has plans on buying anything.
I am currently Cobra Jet-less.

Offline jonw29

• Old Hand
Re: Is anyone planning to attend Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 04:43:03 pm »
Well my Talladega is gone.I LOST MY BUTT on it.If I take a notion to buy another one,Someone PLEASE talk me out of it.

Offline sportyworty

• Fanatic!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 06:08:24 pm »
We have a support group of past disenchanted Fairlane/Torino/ Talladega/Cobra/Ranchero midsize equipped 428 CJ owners. So far it is just Jim Woods (Rockhouse) and myself. Whenever we get tempted we are to call and the "group" is to talk the other out of any notion of entertaining the purchase of one of these cars EVER again. ;D
Think I have one tucked away WAAAAY up North but that is it.
8F91R577646  Black 4 Speed

Offline Brian Conway

• Registry Supporter
  • Fanatic!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 06:16:16 pm »
     Good to know you guys are there.  Brian
65 5R09A 4 spd  GT  Built 5/29/65 
69 9T02R 4 spd  SCJ Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic

Offline jonw29

• Old Hand
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 06:26:08 pm »
Kerry its tough.I took one in the.........marbles.Its gonna take a LONG while to get over it.I may need to put the "GROUP" on speed dial.

Offline rockhouse66

• Registry Supporter
  • Fanatic!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 06:28:32 pm »
Kerry its tough.I took one in the.........marbles.Its gonna take a LONG while to get over it.I may need to put the "GROUP" on speed dial.

We're here for you.  Sorry about your loss.
Jim

'69 Grande CJ

Offline x-70option

• Vendor
  • Fanatic!
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 07:48:22 pm »

Guess it is too late to not have helped you with this !   I watched as you stated going to BJ,  assumed you had all the bases covered for marketing, positioning and exposure.    Going to look at tapes as to effort by crew, if Steve or others stopped bidding and commented as well as "bidders attitudes".

WE are all starting to consider the 5 venues as different auctions.    Trending for the "buyers" tends to have patterns in the masses for the areas.    Coming to the conclusion that having your buyers inline for the event is the only way to insure a frenzy of bidding.

Mark
P.S.  I wouldn't be surprised if we see "RETAIL" cars that the Barrett-Jackson Gala in the future!  It is the only aea they don't sell for profit -I can see!   (though charity buys are profitable for many of the "I need tax deduction crowd")
Mark Haas
517 861 7630 cel

Offline jonw29

• Old Hand
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 08:16:22 pm »
Steve did stop the auction at 30k and said"COME ON GUYS.YOU DONT UNERSTAND HOW SPECIAL THIS CAR IS.WE SHOULD BE AT 100K ON THIS CAR."It was something to that effect.That hardest part about it was is that I KNOW how good the car was.I know pretty much every Talladega that has been restored and it is solidly the best blue car that has been restored.The only car that I know of that is better is the Maroon one restored by Gregg Montgomery.I met the guy that sold the blue car at Scottsdale that sold for 100k and he also comfirmed that was a pretty special car.The bottom line is that is that an auction takes 2 and only one thought the car was worth 40.Its hard to stomach.

Offline rayms69

• Old Hand
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 04:49:50 pm »
my cousin(56 chevy freak 56 ) lives in west palm(firefighter) he is going. I will be there one day with him im sure. You going Scott? Hopefully the car market is picking up steam! nice seeing BB fords going for good money, DVRs are my best friend on those shows.

Offline 70 BOSS 302

• Old Hand
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 05:11:47 pm »
We have a support group of past disenchanted Fairlane/Torino/ Talladega/Cobra/Ranchero midsize equipped 428 CJ owners. So far it is just Jim Woods (Rockhouse) and myself. Whenever we get tempted we are to call and the "group" is to talk the other out of any notion of entertaining the purchase of one of these cars EVER again. ;D
Think I have one tucked away WAAAAY up North but that is it.

Any room in the club for Q code Sportsroof owners?  I let emotions cloud my judgement 6 years ago and definitly going to hurt when sale day comes.
1970 Sportsroof - Q SCJ - W code - 4speed
1970 BOSS 302 - W code Detroit
1970 Ranchero GT - 429 - C6

Offline DeadStang

• Registry Supporter
  • Fanatic!
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 06:57:32 pm »
Don't forget us Cougar people in the club!  :'(