Author Topic: Carlisle All Ford Nationals 2014  (Read 5945 times)

Offline x-70option

• Vendor
  • Fanatic!
Re: Carlisle All Ford Nationals 2014
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2014, 09:41:18 am »
So this show set the Carlisle record?
I heard on the radio on the way home that it set a record - 50,000 in attendance, 3,000 cars.
Show celebrated 110 years for Ford, 50th for Mustang and 20th year for Ford Nationals at Carlisle.

I thought the show this year was great.  I picked up a few pieces that I really didn't need but the deals were too good to pass on.  Unbelievable weather, not typical of Carlisle in June as we all know.  Thanks to Chris and Gary for the "cold ones".  Much appreciated.

Terry
You must have been at our space !  LOL   OUr deal was $5 a part 3 for $10.   (and you got a cloth bag to haul the junk away)   After 7 years of choice parts and NOS stuff - we sold used parts.     

ED - Jim and I walked to the building to see you - your wife said you were at our booth at the same time.
Chris - hard to believe that I had to see you at breakfast -not at the show.
Marcus - thanks for the lend of the Iphone 5 cord (but you know I could have played a great joke on You, Jim and Brandon)
David - found out that 428 Bakalite spacer I got from you can be used on LAT TIger's !    Still didn't sell it.

Mark
P.S.  Swap meets have changed (for us sellers) ALL OF THE VENDORS have cut their spaces/tents or expenses (hotel/tolls/rig size) as the buyers of repro via "armchair delivery via VISA" has changed the game.   They don't want to put the effort into a used Ford part that they can get online.
That means - overpay for one that has been cleaned, blasted the painted (lazy could do themselves) or junk from China!     Bill's big sales this year were F350 parts.  GO figure.   
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:55:01 am by x-70option »
Mark Haas
517 861 7630 cel

Offline chris

• Old Hand
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2014, 10:08:14 am »
Tim & I Walked around Thurs , Fri, Sat..only saw Chris T & Rob R, Time for Distance glasses or less Beer at the Hotel...... :o
BigBlock,All Throttle No Bottle
70' Mach 1 428Cj  12.7 109MPH
07' GT-500 5.4L
95' Bronco 5.8L   (Bad Weather Beater)

Offline RyanG85

• Shadetree Mechanic
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2014, 07:51:38 am »
I thought the show field was great this year! It was nice to see the classics out. The past few years it seemed there was only a handful of classics compared to the late models. I sure the forecast had a lot to do with that!