Author Topic: Door Armrest Repair  (Read 452 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline LightWtJet

  • Shadetree Mechanic
  • ***
  • Joined: May 2004
  • Location: Ann Arbor, Mi.
  • Posts: 405
Door Armrest Repair
« on: December 19, 2017, 10:28:27 pm »
On my 68 Mustang the top of the armrest pulled away from the inner bracket(the foam rubber did not adhere to the bracket). Gluing foam is a challenge so I tried using polyurethane caulk. It is a construction adhesive.  I used  two clamps to hold it together- and waited 5 days for complete cure. It worked!
This adhesive is very sticky and very slow to dry but very strong and remains slightly flexible. It can be painted when dry.
68 White Fastback- Body work done