Author Topic: Someone tried to Steal my Shelby today.  (Read 1306 times)

Offline 1of1044

• Old Hand
Re: Someone tried to Steal my Shelby today.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 09:31:25 pm »
It’s been a long and sad day for myself and wife RoseAnne. We had to put down one of our pets today. He was 12 yrs old last week. The joy he has brought us in those 12 yrs cannot be put in any words that I know.  We are heartbroken. He was like a child to us.
Thanks for listening.
Gary & RoseAnne

Offline 69cobrajetrugae2

• Fanatic!
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 12:10:53 am »
I'm sorry for your loss Gary & RoseAnne.

Newton's third law is: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

For the thousands of times my girl poodle makes me laugh and the millions of times we exchanged stinky kisses and rolls in green meadows exacts a terrible debt that one day must be repaid on the spot without warning.

I close my eyes and for a brief moment she and I are back in the meadow.  She is always under my watchful eye as sampling for flavor profiles followed by multiple full body rolls in raccoon feces is her favorite pastime.  I wonder afterwards and always a split second too late, if a rain check on our usual stinky kisses exchange program afterwards would have been advisable.  The weird thing is though I've never been too concerned about it.

Staring at blurry bright lights.  A windshield in the rain.  Why am I angry because it has the wrong name?  Why would anyone want to shield the wind?  Everyone knows that the wind in her hair or the wind in her face or the first moments in front of a high speed fan after roasting in the summer sun is wonderful.  A Rainshield would have been much better.  Why am I nodding at rainshield?  Dumb dumb dumb.  Of course the powers that be are never going to change the name from windshield to rainsheild.  The blurry lights are back but sometimes they come into clear focus.  That's better, the lights are blurry again.  Voices.  Left my wallet or something.  Sorry.  No no. Wallet is a good name for it.  Buttpack. Someone is laughing at that suggestion. Here we go again.  A snapshot like a bolt of lightning startles me.  Wait, am I crazy?  Oh no here we go again with blurry lights.  Who are you?  A nice old lady is looking at me and her mouth is moving but no words come out and she hands me flowers and the door closes itself.  An invisible person throws me across a room into the car with the blurry lights and boy does it feel good.  I never want to leave this place.

Love ain't cheap...

Offline redscj

• Fanatic!
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2019, 12:23:03 am »
     Sorry for your sorrow. Been there........many times myself. My best thoughts to help me get past those feelings. Is to remember that a good pet doesn't deserve to suffer. Being a responsible humane owner means that you have to make the hard choices. No glory in making those hard decisions.
     Funny thing, earlier today I was thinking of the pets that we hard over the many years. We had a German short hair (found outside of an auto body supply store). This dog literally raised our twin girls. Best baby sitter we ever had.
Grant
69 Mach 1 Dearborn SCJ 4.30 4spd 6/17/69 Candy Apple Red
69 Sportsroof Metuchen SCJ 4.30 C6 5/28/69 Acapulco Blue

Offline 69cobrajetrugae2

• Fanatic!
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 06:18:21 am »
Years ago a close friend related to me that his dad would never own another dog after his passed away but declined to elaborate. The other day he provided "the rest of the story". 

"Dad did u turns for a while" he said. 

He would prepare to pull in to the vet clinic and instead did a U turn and drove home and did a u turn in front of his home and proceeded back to the clinic. 

"Every time he pulled up in front of our house we we're ready to support him if he parked and came inside but he would drive off each time' my friend said.

He didn't offer and I would not ask how many round trips his dad took that night.

Offline geraldt52

• Fanatic!
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2019, 12:03:23 pm »
Sorry for your loss, 1of1044...the first day is always the worst day, and there's nothing to do but let yourselves be heartbroken, for a day, a week, or a month.  I always find it interesting that we have the compassion to help our pets along to the inevitable, when there's nothing ahead but suffering, but can't even have a discussion about doing the same for other human beings.

Offline 69cobrajetrugae2

• Fanatic!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 02:59:12 pm »
I know exactly what you mean Gerald. 

72 months.

My mother in law was a holiday person and went all out planning and preparing weeks in advance for the big celebration.  Even Easter was a big production.  We would eat dinner at a huge table then afterwards I would drink wine with her and sing songs.  Then we would visit my parents and so it went, good times it was.

In 72 months my in-laws, parents and brother in law passed away leaving my wife and I angry lonely and afraid. No more holiday celebrations, F that stuff.

You are correct, I can't muster up sympathy for someone at the end of life because I'm tapped out, sympathy wise. Besides, what good will it do?

And another thing.  We know darn well that the puppy in our hands is going to die likely before we do.  But what if we go first?  How many of us make contingency plans and line up a home for our beloved Dog?  Nobody loves our dog like we do and the possibility exists that our dog may not fare well in the hands of "Former Friends and Family".

Offline priceless

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2019, 02:16:25 pm »
Amen Kerry and Grant! You can tell a lot about a person, in my opinion, who has a place in their hearts and lives for animals. Especially the ones who are forgotten.  We have 4 rescue dogs and the joy they bring every day to my wife and I is difficult to express in words. You come home from work and tails are waggin 100 mph and Sooooo glad to see you!
My .02
Amen to that!!!