Author Topic: Unfortunate accident  (Read 955 times)

Offline corbins

• Occasional Poster
Re: Unfortunate accident
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2019, 07:48:21 pm »
Sorry to see this post, glad you are aok. But it sure serves a lesson for all of us. Dated still photos and video of contents by room in the home provide a basis for filing your contents inventory. Same for the garage and sheds. One never expects this type of catastrophic event to happen, but they do... every day.  Chin up !
Steve Corbin

Offline 69bosssvt

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 08:46:13 pm »

Well i am not going to replace all 3 classics....I am more than likely going to replace one vehicle....most likely the 68.5CJ or the 70 Boss...so if anyone has a line on one I would consider it in the next few months.....

Thanks to everyone
[/quote]

Sorry to hear about your loss... but when u are ready...this would be a nice replacement...
69 R-code Cobra jet
70 R-code Drag Pack Super Cobra Jet
68 Shelby GT350 'vert
66 GT 350 tribute VOODOO Restomod (in progress)

Offline dtrboss

• Newcomer
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2019, 10:57:18 am »
Every ones worst nightmare..sorry for your loss. Please post if they find the problem or start of the fire with the 19 Mustang, as I am sure there  are many who have these old and new ones stored together as I do.

Offline SteveMcqueen

• Shadetree Mechanic
  • Username: mustangmad
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2019, 05:31:19 pm »
Every ones worst nightmare..sorry for your loss. Please post if they find the problem or start of the fire with the 19 Mustang, as I am sure there  are many who have these old and new ones stored together as I do.

Well, we have had two fire investigators examine the garage and the scene, one mentioned that there is so much damage to the 19 Mustang that it is hard to determine what might of caused the fire.  The second investigator concluded that the fire started from the trans of the 19 Mustang exactly what he could not determine but in his opinion definitely from the trans.  The home insurance has put Ford on notice and the cars are still in the garage as we await Ford's decision and what they intend to do, most likely they will send their own investigator to look at the scene.  So we wait 
Joe
68.5 CJ 4sp WW
69 CJ Mach 1 R-code
1970 Boss 302 Grabber Blue
1971 Boss 351 Bright Yellow (sold)
2019 Bullitt K5074

Offline stangman39

• Shadetree Mechanic
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2019, 09:25:17 am »
Just saw thus post.  So sorry for your loss but glad you and your fam are ok.
Please keep us all post as the process continues.
Hope you can find a little relaxation on this holiday weekend

Offline x-70option

• Vendor
  • Fanatic!
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2019, 11:28:06 pm »
Joe JOE 
Just got home from Boss Reunion and saw this !  MAN so sorry - yeah I know life is more important BUT I have been to your home many times - just can't know what this might be like.

Just protect yourself - document min by min time frame with 2019 prior to conflagration.  Likely still has to be ruled out not your fault.

You know if you need anything or to talk CALL

Mark
Mark Haas
517 861 7630 cel

Offline Bigfoot

• Old Hand
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 09:24:01 pm »
Glad you made it out of there.  What a terrible situation. I know on my old cars I try to disconnect the cable from the negative terminal on the battery when parked. I wonder what happened in that 2019 trans.
Original Paint, Survivor, Raven Black Boss9
Original Paint, Survivor, Lime Gold 68.5  CJ

Offline 69cobrajetrugae2

• Fanatic!
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 08:23:28 am »
It's silly and a waste of time to remove the negative cable.

If the horn starts to honk in the middle of the night then it's a good idea to remove the negative cable if the turn signal switch has been replaced with a Chinese knockoff.

If the switch is OEM then let the horn run down the battery and go back to sleep.

Online redscj

• Fanatic!
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 01:24:08 pm »

If the switch is OEM then let the horn run down the battery and go back to sleep.
You have nicer neighbors than I do.
Grant
69 Mach 1 Dearborn SCJ 4.30 4spd 6/17/69 Candy Apple Red
69 Sportsroof Metuchen SCJ 4.30 C6 5/28/69 Acapulco Blue

Offline 70cj428

• Registry Supporter
  • Fanatic!
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2019, 11:15:09 pm »
I know on my old cars I try to disconnect the cable from the negative terminal on the battery when parked.

Might not be a great idea on a new car, some PCM's will have to do some relearning if they are disconnected too long. I know firsthand if you leave some Mercedes disconnected too long the car won't restart no matter what without dealer computer intervention …..

It's silly and a waste of time to remove the negative cable.

Disconnecting a cable is a good idea on 69/70 cars with a rimblow. Old original switches (or new crappy repop switches) tend to short and blow the horn continuously. Since these cars don't have horn relays, the switch and wiring heats up and can damage the harness or  start a fire ….
70 "R" code Mach1, Wimbleton White / Vermillion, Auto, AC,
70 "Q" code Mach1, Grabber Green / White, Auto,AC
70 "M" code Mach1, Med. Gold / Ginger, Auto, AC
68 "S" code GT Fastback, Wimbleton White / Black deluxe int.,4 speed, AC, (getting a 427SO..)

Offline 69Hurstsc

• Newcomer
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2019, 01:26:09 pm »
Devastating. Sorry, I know words aren't much when something like this happens.